Thursday, July 24, 2014

FingerPaints Sailors Lure

purchased by me

FingerPaints has a new collection of textured polishes out now at Sally Beauty.  It's called the Enchanted Mermaid collection and has a white, green, teal and blue polish which are supposed to look like scales.  I picked up the blue because my local Sally Beauty was out of the green.  I'm honestly not sure if I like it or not.  I do love the color, a bright medium blue, and the formula was decent, if a bit on the thick side.  It's just that to achieve the "scaly" effect, the polishes have a shiny base and larger glitters along with the smaller bits that give it texture.  Maybe I'm wearing it wrong, but it just looks chunky and clunky to me.  Sailors Lure was opaque in two coats and dried relatively quickly.

Indoors without flash:


Indoors with flash:


If you're looking for something a bit different, check your local Sally Beauty for these.  They retail for about $6 + tax, depending on where you're located and whether or not you're a Beauty Club member.

No comments:

Post a Comment