Monday, December 1, 2014

Formula X The X Look: Holiday Edition

purchased by me

The X Look: Holiday Edition is a set of 4 mini polishes Obsessed (opaque classic merlot), Impassioned (purple pearl), Thrilling (opaque heather grey), and Temptation (iridescent gold pearl).



Impassioned is definitely my favorite--it's a burgundy shimmer with blue and pink highlights which looks like more of a pinky-bronze in lower light.  The formula was great, opaque in two easy coats and very well-behaved.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


Obsessed is a nice, functional blue-toned red with an unfussy formula and a ton of shine.  It took two coats to reach bottle color.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun:


Thrilling must be one of them-there ironic names, because I don't find anything thrilling about a plain warm grey crème.  It's a nice, useful polish, with a smooth formula, opaque in two coats, but not really a thrill for me.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun:


Temptation is a very good gold foil.  It was almost opaque in one coat, although I did two for my swatches, and very reflective.  However, like most foils, it's also very revealing of nail flaws.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun and reflecting my green shirt:


The X Look: Holiday Edition is available at Sephora for $25.00 + applicable tax and shipping.  Obsessed and Thrilling are available on their own, but as far as I can tell, Impassioned and Temptation are only available in this set.

No comments:

Post a Comment