Tuesday, January 22, 2013

OPI Mariah Carey Liquid Sand: Can't Let Go

I was very excited for these polishes, and as soon as they were available at my local Ulta, I ran to get them.  The full-size polishes retail for $9 + tax each, so I opted for the kit of mini-polishes for $12.99 + tax.  Using Ulta's weekly $3.50 off $10 coupon, I paid just $10 for this set, and that feels about right.  I love mattes and matte glitters, but I didn't find anything in the Liquid Sand collection that I couldn't get by using a matte top coat on any chunky glitter.  

The first polish I tried was Can't Let Go.  The formula was a little on the thick side, but it's so loaded with glitter that wasn't surprising.  It was surprisingly easy to work with, dried quickly and was opaque in two coats.  The glitter is a mix of large and small purple glitter, and the color shifts from a red-based purple to a blue-based purple depending on how much light there is.  All swatches are two coats without top coat.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


I wasn't particularly impressed with any of the polishes from this collection, but as I said, I love mattes, glitters and matte glitter, so all of these will no doubt be worn.  The Liquid Sand collection is available wherever OPI is sold, including Ulta stores but not at Ulta.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment