Monday, May 6, 2013

Deborah Lippmann Mermaid collection: Mermaid's Kiss


purchased by me

While all the other polish companies are jumping on the textured bandwagon, Deborah Lippmann is doing Summer 2013 up in glitter!  In addition to the Staccato collection (milky polishes with black glitter), Ms. Lippmann used last year's Mermaid's Dream as the launching point for a whole series of polishes.  I grabbed them all the minute they were available, and can't wait to share them with you!

Mermaid's Kiss is a soft rosy-pink foil with a ton of brighter pink hex glitter and gold and silver micro-glitter.  It was easy to work with, opaque in two coats, and benefits from a good thick top coat for maximum smoothness and shine.
In the sun:


In the shade:


My favorite thing about Mermaid's Kiss is that it's a classic color with a modern twist!  It's work-safe without being boring.

Deborah Lippman polishes are available on her website, at Nordstrom, at Beauty.com and at Ulta (although the Mermaid polishes are not in my local store yet).  The retail price is $19.00 + any applicable tax and shipping charges.

2 comments:

  1. I just knew you'd be all over these as soon as I heard about them! So glad you decided to TREAT YO' SELF (as Donna and Tom say on Parks & Recreation). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me entirely too well, Ms. G! :D

    ReplyDelete