Thursday, October 9, 2014

Jessie's Girl Satin Finish collection: Brunello and Cauldron

purchased by me

I love satin matte finish polishes, so when I saw a display of them at my local Rite Aid, I couldn't resist grabbing two.  Unfortunately, although the colors are beautiful and so is the finish, both polishes had to be thinned to be usable and both chipped within hours, with or without top coat.

Brunello is a blackened burgundy with just a hint of shimmer.  Thinned, it was opaque in two coats and the formula was okay but not great.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:



Cauldron is a deep reddish brown with red micro-glitter.  Again, opaque in two coats and a workable but not stellar formula.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


You can buy the Satin Finish polishes at the Jessie's Girl website for $3.99 each, or look for them at Rite Aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment