Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sinful Colors About Blooming Time: Flower Power and Petal Be the Day

purchased by me

As I said in my last post, I am over winter and looking forward to spring.  Sinful Colors is helping out with their About Blooming Time collection!  I snagged Flower Power and Petal Be the Day, and one is a keeper and one is going to a different home.

Flower Power is a milky pink jelly filled with matte white and shiny fuchsia hex glitter in several sizes.  It's flower-like but with a bit of drama, was opaque in three coats and dried very quickly.  It does dry noticeably rough, so you'll want a second coat of a thick top coat, but it's so worth it, especially for $1.99!

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


Petal Be the Day is a lavender milky jelly with shiny blue and lavender hex glitter in two sizes.  Unfortunately, it was much sheerer than Flower Power, and there was a lot of visible nail after three coats.  This one will probably work well as a layering polish, but I have plenty of those, so I'm giving it away.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


A note about finding these polishes--the Sinful Colors promo pictures show a small counter display called About Blooming Time, with 8 polishes.  Three of them are new, the two I've shown here and another glitter called Standing Bloom Only.  The new glitter polishes have little yellow and pink stickers on the cap which say Sinful Colors BLOOMBLAST.  My Walgreens did not have the counter display, just a large end-cap display, and I found these polishes by the sticker.  So don't despair if you don't see the display, just check all the other Sinful displays.

No comments:

Post a Comment