Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Butter London Double Take Duo in Fire

purchased by me

When I saw that this set was on sale at Ulta, I couldn't resist--a gorgeous oxblood red plus COPPER flaky glitter?  Had. To. Own.  Fortunately for me, the polishes lived up to their promise, and were simply beautiful and perfectly well-behaved.  The set of two retails for $24, which is a $6 savings, and I got the duo on sale at Ulta for $19, so I was really super-happy!

Rebel Fox is a deep oxblood red with gold shimmer.  The shimmer is more apparent in the bottle than on the nail.  Although the formula was lovely, it looked patchy at two coats and I should have done three.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


Brass Monkey is a top coat I adore, with copper/iridescent flaky glitter.  The base wasn't overly thick, there was a good amount of glitter and a nice spread without any fishing.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


The Double Take Duo in Fire is sold out at Ulta, but it's still available at Butter London's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment