Monday, February 10, 2014

Butter London HRH and Prince's Plums

purchased by me

I got both of these polishes at Butter London's year-end clearance sale, but I was pretty disappointed when I swatched them, because they're identical.  Absolute dupes, right down to the base color.  Both are a deep, red-toned purple shimmer, and both behaved perfectly during polishing--thin but pigmented, opaque in two coats, self-leveling.  If I hadn't realized what was going on and left the bottle cap off when I photographed HRH, I'd never have been able to sort out the pics!  All swatches are two coats and no top coat.

HRH, indoors with flash:


HRH, indoors without flash:


Prince's Plums, indoors with flash:


Prince's Plums, indoors without flash:


HRH and Prince's Plums on alternate fingers, but I don't remember which is which:


If you're interested in buying one of these polishes, or both if you're a masochist ;), you can get them at Ulta or direct from Butter London.

2 comments:

  1. These were both on my wishlist, so your swatches just enabled me to cross one off the list. Sorry you ended up with two identical colors.

    ReplyDelete