Thursday, February 20, 2014

Liquid Sky Lacquer 24 Karat Rose, Tripindicular and Twilight Peacock

purchased by me

Liquid Sky Lacquer is a new-to-me indie brand, so I decided to try three different types of polish.  I got a thermal color-change, a holo and a duochrome from Color4Nails.  Swatches after the jump!



24 Karat Rose is a bright pink to white thermal color change polish with lots of gold glitter.  When it's cold and pink, it's opaque in two coats, but the same two coats were on the sheer side when warm.  Fortunately, my hands are almost always cold. ;-)  The formula was quite smooth and easy to work with, and the thermal pigments make it dry to a satin matte finish, which I like, but which could be shined up with top coat.

Indoors, cold, with flash:


Indoors, cold, without flash:


Indoors, warm, with flash:


Indoors, warm, without flash:


On the way from cold to warm:


Tripindicular was a disappointment because although it's described as being a "magenta pink" holo, it's actually a medium rose pink linear holo similar to China Glaze BFF.  The holo effect was very strong, and the formula was perfect, but I already have this color pink and it's not what I wanted!  I've got an e-mail in to Color4Nails asking to return it, so we'll see if I get any response.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:



Twilight Peacock is one I got because it's a blue-to-purple duochrome.  I didn't realize that it was also a linear holo!  The formula was smooth and easy to work with, opaque in two coats, and dried very shiny.  The duochrome was subtle rather than flashy, but still visible, and the holo is intense.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


Showing off the shift:


I adore 24 Karat Rose and Twilight Peacock, and Tripindicular is a good polish, just not the color it's advertised as.  You can buy Liquid Sky polishes at Color4Nails and at Llarowe for $12-$13 + shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment