Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Steampunk-inspired nails

Since the Cold of Doom has taken over my body, my weekend schedule was pretty much sleep 90 minutes, be awake four hours, repeat. I had zero energy and just barely managed to get the sheets changed and the laundry done. I re-read some of my "comfort books" like Heidi and Hans Brinker, and read every single entry on Epbot. I wasn't really up for any of Jen's amazing projects, but I figured I could manage some steampunk-inspired fingernails.

To get this look, I used:

1 coat Orly Ridgefiller
1 coat Sally Hansen Wet Cement
1 coat Deborah Lippmann Marqee Moon
1 coat Kleancolor Chunky Holo Copper
1 coat CND Copper Shimmer
2 coats Nubar Diamont
1 coat China Glaze Matte Magic

I'm reasonably satisfied by how it turned out, but if my nails were a bit longer, I'd add French tips in China Glaze Unplugged for a wood strip effect.

Here's the finished manicure, inside with flash:



Inside without flash:



And a close-up:

2 comments: