Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Zoya Fleck Effects Collection: Chloe

The final (and my favorite!) polish from Zoya's spring collection Fleck Effects, is Chloe, which Zoya describes as "Pink tint with mylar green and gold fleck effect" and I would add that even at three coats, the tint is very pale, and the flakes/flecks shift from reddish pink to green with a tiny flash of gold from time to time.

My index finger is one coat of Chloe over two coats of China Glaze Something Sweet, middle finger is one coat of Chloe over two coats of Marks & Spencer black, ring finger is one coat of Chloe over two coats of Orly Au Champagne, and pinkie is three coats of Chloe alone.

Indoors, with flash:



Indoors without flash:



Like Opal and Maisie, the tint on Chloe is subtle, but it does make a difference in the color of a light polish, and it dries extremely smoothly--I only needed one coat of topcoat to get my nails smooth. In addition, the polish was just slightly thick, and the flakies/flecks were well distributed without me having to shove them around with my brush and dense enough to show in just one coat. Overall, I would say this is my favorite of the three, and the most different. I liked this one so much that I did a full mani over Something Sweet, with accent nails in Au Champagne.



The Fleck Effects Collection will be available at Zoya.Com on January 13, 2012.

2 comments:

  1. This is very pretty on you. I like it best over he pink or black. I agree, that 3 coats is extremely sheer. I wish the base were more opaque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment, and I also wish the base were a bit less sheer.

    ReplyDelete