Monday, January 2, 2012

Zoya Fleck Effects: Maisie swatch and review

Zoya's second spring collection is Fleck Effects, a set of three flaky topcoats. In my opinion, these polishes each deserve their own post.

Zoya describes Maisie as "Blue tint with mylar green fleck effect" and I would add that even at three coats, the tint is very light, and the flakes/flecks shift a little bit from green to blue to gold.

Of the following combinations, I think I like this best over white. My index finger is one coat of Maisie over two coats of Zoya Ibiza (navy), middle finger is
one coat of Maisie over two coats of Marks & Spencer black, ring finger is one coat of Maisie over two coats of Orly Au Champagne, and pinkie is three coats of Maisie alone.

In a tiny bit of NE Ohio sunshine:




In the shade:



The tint on Maisie is subtle, but it does make a difference in the color of a light polish, and it dries extremely smoothly--I only needed one coat of topcoat to get my nails smooth. In addition, the polish was just slightly thick, and the flakies/flecks were well distributed without me having to shove them around with my brush and dense enough to show in just one coat. If you need a flaky topcoat and you want one with a pale turquoise base, I'd say this is the one for you!

Fleck Effects will be available at Zoya starting on January 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment