Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Dream of Mermaids

Right now, the one polish on my wishlist I know I'll never get my paws on is Deborah Lippman's Mermaid's Dream.  It's just plain out of my price range.  So I did my best to fake it with some layering.  I used one coat of Color Club Kiss Me Mistletoe, one coat of Zoya Zuza, one coat of Sally Hansen Bling-tastic,  and one coat of L.A. Girl Purge.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


Not bad--it's certainly a pretty combination, but it needs more blue to match my dream polish.

2 comments:

  1. At first glance I thought this was Deborah Lippmann's Mermaids Dream :::high five::: Great job on picking a combo.
    I know we may be in the minority, but as pretty as her polishes are I don't think they are worth the price she charges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *high five back* Oh, yay! I'm glad you think it's close and I'm glad I wrote down the combo. But I did cave and buy a bottle of Mermaid's Dream with the 20% off sale at beauty.com. *hangs head*

    ReplyDelete