Thursday, May 3, 2012

China Glaze Gleam Me Up

I must be the only person left in the nail polish world who is not over crackles--I still love them and I still wear them.  When I heard that China Glaze was coming out with glitter crackles, I stalked my favorite etailers until they were in stock!  I got Gleam Me Up, which is a light turquoise glitter and Glam-More, which is a vivid fuchsia.  Today I have swatches of one coat of Gleam Me Up over two coats of Orly Au Champagne.  The formula on this was perfect--it cracked beautifully and sparkles like crazy.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash: 


In weak sunlight:


The first color I tried Gleam Me Up over was Orly Mysterious Curse, and it was a failure because the shimmer in Mysterious Curse is precisely the same color as Gleam Me Up!  It cracked, but the cracks weren't visible!



2 comments:

  1. Love it!!
    Over Au Champagne it reminds me of Lik 'em Stick 'em candy. Remember those? White candy stick that you dipped into what was basically like Kool-Aid powder in different flavors? Looks exactly like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you're absolutely right! Which makes Gleam Me Up blueberry sugar? :)

    ReplyDelete