Friday, November 18, 2011

Color Club Gingerbread Man: review, swatches and lame nail art

I really can't thank Siobhan of The Nailphile enough for posting about these as promptly as she did! If she hadn't posted, I wouldn't have made my late-night run to Sally Beauty, and I might not have this darling in my hands!

Lame joke:

Why is a gingerbread man the best man?

Because if he gives you any trouble, you can bite his head off and no one cares!

Okay, srs now. :


This is a gorgeous, pale gold color. It's like a combination of yellow gold and white gold. It's a foil, so it shows every ridge and fault in my nails despite two coats of Orly Ridgefiller and I don't care in the least. The color is rich and lavish and makes me feel so spoiled! The gingerbread scent is soft and layered--at first there's a bread note, then the spices come out to play. It lasted overnight, although it was never so strong it was overwhelming.

Gingerbread Man is so well-behaved that I don't feel any need to yell at him, let alone bite his head off! All pictures are pre-cleanup (i.e. I didn't need any) and ONE. COAT. Yup, one coat of this rich, luxurious, scented jewel of a polish!

Inside, no flash:



Inside, with flash:



In sunlight:



And my very first stamping effort, with my goodies from Born Pretty:



This was stamping plate M76 and China Glaze Unplugged. It's not wonderful, but it's not bad for a clumsy first try!

2 comments: