Friday, November 25, 2011

Swatches & comparison: Nubar Black Polka Dot v. Wet n Wild Tangled in my Web

Happy Black Friday! I hope you're either done with your shopping and safely home, or like me and not leaving the house today. In honor of Black Friday, I have two black glitter polishes to show you.

Tangled in my Web is from the elusive and limited edition On the Prowl collection from Wet n Wild, so it was cheaper and is now hard to find. Black Polka Dot is not anywhere I can find on the Nubar website, but is still available on ebay.

I used Wednesday's Marshmallow manicure as a backdrop for the swatches of these two polishes, and while I like the idea of black & white nails, I'm thinking this wasn't the best way to go about it. My fingernails look sort of diseased. Eek! Anyway, swatches--pinky is one coat of Wet n Wild Tangled in my Web, ring is one coat of Nubar Black Polka Dot, middle is two coats of Tangled in my Web and index is two coats of Black Polka Dot. You can see that while they're both black glitter in a clear base, the Nubar has black microglitter in addition to the larger round glitter. If you missed out on Tangled in my Web, Black Polka Dot might fill the void.

Indoors, without flash:



Indoors, with flash:



In diffuse daylight:

No comments:

Post a Comment