Thursday, December 22, 2011

BPAL & a book review!

The Night CircusThe Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Even before reading it, I knew I was going to like this book because it was inspired by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab and the amazing scents Beth Barrial creates.

Within three pages, I was sucked into the world of the book, and it's a place I wanted to stay. The novel is full of well-drawn characters, intriguing alternate history, sights and sounds and tastes and textures, a captivating plot and a really marvelous circus I want to visit!

Ms. Barrial does an incredible job of translating words into scents and Ms. Morgenstern performs the same magic in reverse. While I would like more in this particular universe from Ms. Morganstern, I'll be happy with being able to read anything else from her in the (hopefully very near) future!

View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment