Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Red Week Day Three: Snowman Snowflake Chunky Glitter

I have heard but not verified that Blue Cross makes these adorable little snowman polishes. G at Nouveau Cheap has some great pictures of the display, and although she states that they don't have names, I found the name "Snowflake Chunky Glitter" above the tiny UPC code on my bottle, so that's what I'm calling this guy!

This is two coats of Snowflake Chunky Glitter over Glitter Gal Red Holo, sparkling in the sun:



Looking lovely indoors without flash:



And looking just as lovely with flash, although blurry to show off the sparkly:



This wasn't a typical stroke-and-wear polish, the clear is fairly thick and the red and green glitter comes out in clumps, so you have to push it around a little bit to get it to cover evenly. Because this was over an existing mani, I was more concerned with covering the worn tips than total opacity, but I think you could get there in four coats. The top hat makes for a rather stubby handle and the shaft is short, but the brush is quite long and flexible, and not overly narrow. Dry time wasn't great but wasn't bad. Overall, if any of these are left in your area, check out the display and see if there's anything unique to you--you won't regret spending $2!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! I am dying to find this snowman! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqui, do you want me to see if I can find one for you?

    ReplyDelete