Monday, February 13, 2012

Disaster management

The disaster in question being my nail polish stash. Two hundred twenty-five bottles theoretically corralled in boxes but in fact spread all over the place was not a recipe for happiness, order or serenity. Soooo, I went to Hobby Lobby, after seeing a post on the Lush message board about using tabletop cabinets for storage and display, and bought five cabinets. I only managed to fit four into the space I had, so I'm debating whether to take the other one back or just find it a place elsewhere in the house. Anyway, pictures:

Before:



After:



So much happier!

6 comments:

  1. Those are great! How snuggly do/don't the fronts latch? Would they be candidates for wall-mounting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The latches are magnetic, and they hold well enough for me, but if you wanted something stronger, you could probably replace the magnets. I would not try to wall-mount them because they are heavy and I'd worry that they'd break free. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I am definitely loving the new storage method! So easy to find everything too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it even more now, and I owe it all to pinkbarnkitty from the Lush forum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your organization is so perfect! Is it hard to reach some of the at an angle?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not really, Anutka, I just have to be careful not to swing the doors open too hard--I don't want to crack the glass. But all of the doors open fully, so I can reach everything.

    ReplyDelete