Friday, February 24, 2012

Purple Week: Color Club Fashion Addict and Wild at Heart

I should warn my readers that this is not strictly a nail polish post, it's also a bit personal and maybe a little philosophical and probably a lot sentimental. In 2009, I had to have my beloved heartdog, Stormy, euthanized and in 2010 I had to have my other sweetheart, Beau, euthanized. I donated the outfit I was wearing when I took Stormy to the vet's to Goodwill, and I haven't worn Color Club Wild at Heart since the day of Beau's euthanasia. It's a beautiful polish, and I own the holo version, but every time I looked at it, I remembered my nails on the steering wheel on that sunny August day, and I'd put it away in favor of something else. It's been a year and a half, and I decided to see if I could wear it and maybe fade the memories or merge them with new ones.

I didn't start out with a full Wild at Heart manicure. Instead, I wore Color Club Fashion Addict, a pale lilac holo, for a couple of days. I did actually manage to get a shot of this one in the sun. This is two coats of Fashion Addict and one coat of Nubar Diamont (which did not affect the holo at all).

In the sun:



Indoors with flash:



Indoors without flash:



After a couple of days, I got out my circle labels and did a half-moon mani with Wild at Heart, which is a gorgeous deep purple holo. This is just one coat, and thank goodness the polish is gorgeous, because my stickers need to be replaced! Sadly, I was indoors during the approximately four minutes we had sunshine today, so I just have indoor pics.

Indoors with flash:



Indoors without flash:



Am I going to be able to wear this now without mourning Beau? I think so, largely because I'm so vexed with myself for screwing up the half-moon nail art and because I'm wondering how the word "holographic" which translates to "wholly written" and is used in the legal field to mean an handwritten will became a word meaning "related to the use of coherent light from a laser in order to make a hologram that can then be used to create a three-dimensional image."

No comments:

Post a Comment