Thursday, February 16, 2012

Whimsical Cinderella

I figure that by now, if you're interested in drugstore brands at all, you've seen the swatches of Sinful Colors' new core color, Cinderella. If not, well, there are two plain swatches at the end of this post. Cinderella is a cloudy pastel blue jelly, not completely opaque in two coats, loaded with microglitter which flashes gold and pink. It makes me think of spring, and gumdrops in Easter baskets, and I love it. It also made me think of Revlon Whimsical, which is a cloudy pastel blue jelly with pink and blue hex glitter and blue microglitter. So what else would be appropriate but to layer them? Photos are of one coat of NailTek Foundation II, two coats of Cinderella, two coats of Whimsical and one coat of Nubar Diamont, which was all I needed to make this mani glass-smooth and shiny.

Indoors with flash:



Indoors without flash:



Cinderella on its own, indoors with flash:



And indoors without flash:



And just a note to many of my fellow nail bloggers:

Look, I love all your blogs, which is why my blogroll is huge. But it drives me crazy when you don't stop and think before you post "it's self" or "on it's own". Pretend that little apostrophe there is the word "is" and think about whether it makes sense. If it doesn't, try saying "itself" or "on its own" and grammar-crazed English majors will love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment