Thursday, August 9, 2012

China Glaze Bohemian Collection: Swanky Silk

The next polish from the Bohemian Collection is a lovely rose-gold to gold duochrome called Swanky Silk.  All swatches are, from left to right, one coat, two coats, three coats and one coat over a black créme.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun:


I was surprised to find this was my favorite polish from this collection!  It's much softer and subtler than the polishes I tend to go for, but the rose gold color is gorgeous.  It applies quite smoothly, although I did double up on basecoat to avoid showing off my ridges.  The Bohemian collection is available now at etailers and brick and mortar stores, although it is sold out both on transdesign.com and at my local Sally Beauty.

4 comments:

  1. Yayyyy no more malware warning!! I wasn't interested in this collection at first but the more I see of it, the more I want to buy the whole darn thing! I've heard these polishes work great for stamping as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sticking with me, Jacqui! I really like all of the colors in this collection, even if the duochrome isn't hugely strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one's my favorite, too. I thought I'd pass on the whole collection, but while picking up bottles for others, I snagged a SS, figuring it would be good for layering, if nothing else. But it's so PRETTY! Doesn't hurt that I adore rose gold, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always nice to have a friend join you in addiction! :D

    ReplyDelete