Monday, August 27, 2012

Orly Pretty in Pink collection: Embrace and You are Not Alone

Pretty in Pink is Orly's 2012 breast cancer awareness collection, which is available from TransDesign now.    Embrace and You are Not Alone are clear polishes with nearly identical salmon-pink glitter.  All swatches are, from left to right, one, two and three coats alone, followed by one coat over black and one coat over white.

Embrace has less glitter than You are Not Alone, which makes it look slightly more delicate.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:



You are not Alone has more glitter and looks a little flashier.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


Neither polish could be opaque alone, both look decent layered, and they are so similar that it's pointless to own both unless you are a die-hard collector.  I'm disappointed in Orly for putting out two such similar polishes AND for adding Made-in-China charms to American-made polish bottles.  I'm thinking this wasn't the best use of my discretionary funds. :(

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jammies, I still think they are really pretty. Consider 1 or the other a back up bottle? BTW, I just got a little gifty from you in the mail today. OMG I am thrilled!!! Thank you, Go Deeper is even prettier in person. I would have contacted you the other way but I am no longer over there... I would email you but couldn't find it on here. All I can say is thank you lady, you have a generous heart. Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, tgirl, I'm glad it got there safely, and yes, I will consider them one pink glitter topper and one backup!

    I'm sorry you're not over there any more, but so glad I got your address before you left. ;) Mine is lynn1551[at]yahoo[dot]com.

    ReplyDelete