Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Orly Naughty and Nice collection: Devil May Care

Devil May Care is part of Orly's 2012 Holiday collection, Naughty and Nice.  It's a very sparkly red and silver glitter in a just-barely red-tinted base.  It's not quite opaque in three coats on its own, but probably would be in four (and the removal would be a nightmare, lol).  It's also quite attractive and versatile as a topper.  The formula was pretty good, not too thick and the glitter pieces were fairly evenly distributed. All swatches are, from left to right, one coat, two coats, three coats alone, one coat over black and one coat over white.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun (and my apologies for the weird angle):


I like the addition of the silver glitter, because it keeps this from being another red-jelly-with-red-glitter polish.  In addition to black and white, I think this would look great over silver (although it would probably also look like OSU fervor).

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I need this one!! I can't believe their holiday collection is out already, it's not even fall yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm just enjoying the first trickle of Halloween stuff in the stores. But hey, red & silver glitter, who can resist? :D

    ReplyDelete