Monday, March 25, 2013

Blue Monday: L.A. Girl 3D polish in Brilliant Blue

Purchased with my own funds

On my last visit to Rite Aid, a display of new polishes caught my eye (of course it did!) and I picked out one polish to come home with me.  For $4.80 + tax, it turned out to be one of my best decisions lately!  The L.A. Girl 3D collection is strongly reminiscent of the holo jellies in Zoya's Ornate collection.  I'm planning to go back for three of the others if the display hasn't already been picked clean, but in the meantime, here's a review of Brilliant Blue.

Brilliant Blue was easy to apply, neither too thick nor too thin, shiny without top coat, completely non-gritty and absolutely stuffed with holographic shimmer/glitter particles.  In indoor light it looked sparkly and in the sunlight it blazed.  It wore for three days before chipping, removal was a snap and it didn't stain my nails!  All together, I can't recommend this color enough if you love blues.  All swatches are three coats and no top coat.

Indoors with flash;


Indoors without flash:


In the sun:


All I can say here is WOW.  Brilliant Blue was an unqualified success for me.  If you don't see the 3D polishes at a local drugstore, you can buy them at the L.A. Girl website for $5.00 + shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment