Monday, March 11, 2013

OPI : Don't Burst My Bubble and Lights of Emerald City

The last two polishes I have for you from the Oz the Great and Powerful collection are a milky, barely-pink jelly and a unique glitter topper.

Don't Burst My Bubble is a soft pink-tinged white milky jelly, very springlike and very pretty.  This is not a polish that will be opaque, so if VNL bothers you, this is not the polish for you.  It is easy to work with, and crazy shiny without top coat.  All swatches are three coats without top coat, and they're a bit streaky, but I'm afraid that was my shaky hands rather than the polish.

Indoors without flash:


Indoors with flash:


Lights of Emerald City is a pretty glitter topper, and I think the first one I've seen from OPI to use square glitter.  In addition to the matte white squares, there are also holographic silver hexes.  Lights was not too thick, the glitter spread was quite nice, and it only needed one coat of Gelous to be smooth.  All swatches are one coat over a base of Don't Burst My Bubble.

Indoors without flash:


Indoors with flash:


The Oz the Great and Powerful collection is now available wherever OPI is sold, including, as of now, Ulta's website.  Finally, a place to buy OPI online from a retailer I trust! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment